2 day – Role of a Return to Work
Who would benefit from this training?
- Return to Work Coordinators, Employers, Managers and Supervisors.
- This course provides participants with detailed information to assist them facilitate the successful return to work of injured workers in accordance with the Workplace Injury Re-habilitation Compensation Act 2013.
- Explain why return to work is important.
- Prepare your workplace for return to work.
- Provide a detailed account of the responsibilities of a Return to Work Coordinator, including the key strengths expected in this role.
- Explain your employer’s return to work obligations – providing employment, planning, return to work, consulting, making return to work information available to workers and nominating return to work coordinators.
- Understand how to make return to work arrangements.
- Provide background information regarding the scheme and relevant legislation that will assist them in providing advice to employers.
- Provide support to the injured worker in the workplace through the use of a variety of methods, techniques and tools.
- Respond to workplace injuries to provide support to injured workers, and to prevent further injuries.
- Explain the involvement of external parties involved in return to work and methods for effective communication with them.
- Identify sources of assistance that can help you to fulfil the responsibilities of the Return to Work Coordinator role.
- List resources and publications that reference return to work, the role of the employer, injured worker and Return to Work Coordinator.
UPCOMING TRAINING DATE
- Online Training – 17th & 18th November 2020
- Online training – 23rd & 24th February 2021
- Online Training – 16th & 17th March 2021
- Online Training – 13th & 14th April 2021
- Online Training – 11th & 12th May 2021
- Online Training – 15th & 16th June 2021
- Online Training – 8th & 9th December 2020
**Please be aware these dates are subject to change.